Monday, February 21, 2011

Cult Nails Iconic plus a crazy layering experiment....Tons of pics!

Good morning! Wow, it's been a week since I last posted. I'm not sure how that happened! LOL! I kept doing my nails last week, and taking pics. but never got them posted here, so I have about a week's worth of blogging to catch up on.

The first one I'm going to show you is another polish by Cult Nails called Iconic. This is the second CN polish I've used, and I LOVE it! Iconic is a deep red with flakies! Application was wonderful and I used two coats.





I'm not sure what was wrong with me the day I decided to wear this, but I ended up doing lots of different layers, and came up with some crazy combos. The first couple are mild. LOL!

I topped Iconic off with Colorama Shimmer Girl, which is one awesome flakie.







Then I decided to matte it using Essie Matte About You.





Here's where it starts to get a bit crazy. For some reason I decided to add Black Shatter to it all. Wasn't very thrilled with it.





Since I wasn't too crazy about it, I decided to add yet another coat of the Colorama Shimmer Girl polish.











Close up's





And then finally, I added yet one more coat of Essie Matte About You to finish my crazy mani. off!







If you made it all the way through this, I think you deserve a cupcake! Ha, Ha! ;-)



Thanks for looking, and I hope you all have a wonderful Mon!

10 comments:

  1. mmm cupcakes. I love all that crazy layering! It looks like flakes of fish food all layered on top of each other in the last picture lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol so many layers! before the second layer of matte about you it looked very volcanic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN ride that was...and the dessert afterwards was delicious! :)
    Really though, sometimes hyperlayering can be amazing...like you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg lol so many layers! it turned out nice though. gotta love mattified flakies...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen...Thanks! It does kinda look like fish food in that pic. now that you mention it! LOL! The cupcakes are SOO good. I live wayy too close to the place too!

    Danielle...I was def. in a layer mood. It does look like a volcano! I didn't even think of that, but I see it now. LOL

    Elizabeth....Thank! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :-) The cupcakes are amazing, and I'm already craving them again! Thank you so much for your nice comments. :-)

    Lindsay...I know! LOL! I was def. in a layering mood that day. I don't think I've ever done so many at one time. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the combinations! And thanks for the cupcake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love each and every polish and application. Could you lift up your fingers after all that layers! I'll take that strawberry cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I lost count after 3 coats..LOL. How hard was it to take off? :) Cute manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zara...Thank you, and your very welcome! ;-)

    Lucy....Thank you! Ha, Ha I'm not sure I've every used that many layers, and the strawberry cupcake's are REALLY good! :-)

    Jackie S. LOL! Thanks! It actually wasn't too hard to get off. I was quite surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its all cut nail looks so sexy and gorgeous. Iconic was two costs, and applies very beautiful. I like to give different shapes on my nails.

    beauty salon london

    ReplyDelete