Monday, April 25, 2011

Cracked Glitter Mani....Island Girl Surfing Safari and LaRosa Hot Pink Crackle.

This is going to be kinda short, as I'm exhausted and ready to get some sleep! It's been one of "those" Mondays here, if you know what I mean! ;-)

Today I started out with one of the Island Girl polishes I got in Vegas. It's called Surfing Safari, and it's a kind of dusty, silver glitter. If that makes sense? It's not just a regular silver glitter. There's just something different about it. I really like it. Application was great, and I used three coats for full coverage. Dry time was super fast since it's a glitter.

I decided to try a new Crackle polish I picked up on Friday on a dusty hunt. The brand is LaRosa. It's called Crackle Shatter. I picked up two. A neon red and a hot pink. I used the hot pink today which is actually named Magenta. I was really surprised by how well it cracked. It worked better than the China Glaze crackles I've used. I think a big difference is, that it wasn't thick or goopy, where my CG crack polishes were. I really like the finish too. It's almost velvety.

First up, here are pics. of the finished mani.







Close Up.



Here is Island Girl Surfing Safari on it's own.





Close Up.



Have you ever heard of LaRosa? I hadn't before Fri. They had all kinds of colors though. I might have to go back for more!

Well, I"m off to get some much needed sleep. Thanks for looking, and I hope you have a great night! :-)

10 comments:

  1. i love the finish of the crackle... ~oggles~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have La Rosa Maroon Red Crackle & I love it! The cracked spaces are bigger and let the base polish show through more. Plus they have tons of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never heard of LaRosa but wish it was more popular because those crackles are perfect - looks like dinosaur eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute mani love this crackle I need to keel my eye out for this brand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Crackle combo! I love it! must try it.

    http://kellyskoloursandkonads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great result, love the colour combination. How nice is that silver polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they both look great together!
    http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. terri...Thanks! I really like the finish too.:-)

    April....I so agree with you! I love them! :-) A Maroon Red Crackle?! That sounds awesome!

    Amanda...Ha, Ha! Thank you! :-)

    BeauxsMom...Thanks! :-)

    Kelz86...Thank you! :-)

    Charlotte Sparkle...Thanks! Yes, I LOVE the silver polish too! :-)

    Miss Starshiny...Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the combination. I do like that crackle top coat. Does look velvety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy..Thanks! :-) It really does look velvety. I don't think I've ever had a finish look that way before.

    ReplyDelete