Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Goldfish Mani. ;-) Essence,Colorama flakies and a Matte.

Good evening! Wow, it's almost midnight here. I'm tired, and I've had a couple of glasses of wine, so I hope this makes sense. LOL! ;-)

I started out with essence What Do U Think? It is a med. Peachy orange color. There are actually two versions of this color. One is a cream, and the other has gold shimmer in it. The cream is a bit darker. I have both. I decided I wanted to wear the one with the shimmer in it. Well....I had them sitting side by side, and I ended up using them both. By accident. I started out with the polish that has the shimmer in it, but when I went to do my second coat, I guess I grabbed the wrong one. I noticed AFTER I had painted three nails that it looked darker,and I couldn't see the shimmer. LOL! So, I just decided to go with the cream. I didn't feel like taking the polish off and starting again. So, the version I'm going to show you is the darker peach/orange color. I ended up using three coats. It was a little thick, but it evened out okay.

I liked it just fine, but I had wanted shimmer today. So, I added a coat of Maybelline Colorama Shimmer Girl on top. Shimmer Girl is a wonderful flakie. It has bright orange,light orange and teal flakes in it. I love this polish. I found it in an old beauty supply shop for only a dollar. After I added SG on top, I decided to matte it with Essie's Matte About You. When I was done, the colors reminded me of goldfish. :-)

First up, the finished project.



Before I added the Matte top coat.







Close Up.



Essence What Do You Think? By itself. This one is said to be a dupe for Chanel Orange Fizz. I can't say for sure, as I don't have Orange Fizz, but quite a few people On MUA have said it's pretty close.









Thanks for looking! I'm off to get some much needed sleep! :-)

14 comments:

  1. your goldfish mani is stunning! so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that essence colour (I haven't found it yet...) and I absolutely love how the mani looks in the end! Those flakies are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg yes! i did the orange mani last summer with Orly Orange Punch & Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure and i said the same thing that it looked like goldfish scales too!!!!!!!!!

    im so glad someone else agrees!!!!! one of my favorite combos with the flakies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flakies and matte are a win combination, this one's no exception :) The other polish looks nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the goldfish mani! Seriously, gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! I love it all the way around. I've only ever had the creme version, never seen the shimmer one. I need to get some more Coloramas, they made the prettiest layering top coats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goldfish fingers! How adorable. You made a good mistake. Love the manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Flakies always look so cool matte. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsay..Thanks! :-)

    Elsa P....Thank you! :-) Have you tried checking Ulta? That's where I found it.

    Kalee..Ha, Ha! Yes, I do def. think it looks like goldfish! :-) I love that Orly Orange Punch too. I agree that orange and flakies look good together. ;-)

    Shiny! Thank you! :-) I love flakies matted.

    Beauty Addict....Thank you! :-)

    Natalie...Thank you so much! :-)

    Maeve...Aw, thank you! :-) I LOVE Coloramas, and this is the only one I have. So far. I wish I could find them. Quite a few people were finding them at Big Lots, but mine never got any in.

    Lucy..Ha, Ha! Thank you! :-)

    BrittanyM....Thanks! :-) I agree, I love matte flakies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the flakies, the final matte mani is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I definitely see the goldfish-ness of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zara...I'm glad I'm not the only one! ;-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete