Sunday, May 1, 2011

OPI Mermaid's Tears plus OPI Silver Shatter.

Good morning! How has your weekend been? Mine's been great. I finally feel like I've caught up on my sleep. For the most part anyway. My dogs decided to get me up super early this morning, and now they are fast asleep again! LOL! The weather was beautiful here yesterday, so we had our first BBQ of the season. It was yummy! ;-) We have such crazy weather here, in KS. It's freezing today!

I have a couple of the new polishes from OPI Pirates Of the Caribbean to show you today. First, is Mermaid's Tears. This is the one I was most looking forward to (besides the shilver shatter)in this collection, and it didn't disappoint. It's a seafoam pale pastel green. It's a minty color, but seems to have a little teal color to is as well. I love the brush, and application was great. I was surprised at that, as I usually have trouble with pastel colors being streaky. I could have used ONE coat of this! I used two though.

I put a coat of the Silver Shatter on top. SS is a silver foily shatter. LOVE this. I've heard a few people say, that they had trouble with application, and not getting it to shatter very well. I just used thin coats, and I had no problems with it at all. :-) I find that if I use thin coats with any shatter polishes they work better for me.

First up is Mermaid's Tears.







With Silver Shatter.







Close Up.



Do you plan on getting anything from the POTC collection? I think it's supposed to be out everywhere the first week of May, which starts today! ;-) I found mine last week at Dillard's.

Have a great Sunday! :-)

7 comments:

  1. I prefer it without the shatter! It's lovely colour!!!
    http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some rest. This is so pretty. I love it on it's own. The silver shatter is also pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both versions, but with the shatter is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Mermaid's Tears is gorgeous on you. I can not get enough of blues/greens/turquoises. I need to catch up on reading blogs (and sleep too!) because I haven't seen all the swatches from this collection yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy. I had no interest in Silver Shatter until I saw your swatches. Now, I want it. I already had Mermaid's Tears on my list. *sigh* Now I need both... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I looove this combo!!! I need Silver Shatter so bad but haven;t been able to find it in stores yet :(
    I also nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award: http://www.doridavis.com/kreative-blogger-award/ Hope you participate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Starshiny...Thank you! :-)

    Lucy....Thanks so much! :-)

    Frankenstyna...Thanks! I like it both ways too. :-)

    tasha...Thank you! :-) I need to catch up on reading and sleep too! I always seem to need to catch up on my sleep though. lol

    Ice Queen...Aw, well thank you! :-) It really is very pretty. ;-) You should try it!

    Dori....Thank you soooo much!! :-) I will def. participate! I really appreciate you thinking of me. :-) I found my Silver Shatter at Dillard's so you might want to check there.

    ReplyDelete