Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Matte Lippmann Glitter in The Air & China Glaze Empowerment

Happy Pink day! ;-) I can't believe it's already Wed! I've been slacking this week....sorry about that! I'm not sure why, as I have so many manis. to show you. Today's mani is of course, pink. I used Lippmann Glitter in The Air and China Glaze Empowerment. I know I've shown you both of these before, but not together. :-) Last time GITA was over a blue and Empowerment was worn on it's own. I quite like them together. ;-)

I started out with two coats of China Glaze Empowerment, which was part of the 2010 breast cancer collection. It's a med. pink cream. Application was great. I then added Lippmann Glitter in the Air. I LOVE this polish, but it's kind of a pain to work with. You really have to fish to get the glitter out. I ended up using three coats of it. I added a coat of Essie Matte About You, and I was done. :-)

The first three pics. are with the Matte top coat.







The next two pics. are without the Matte top coat.





Do you like it with or without the matte top coat best? As always, thanks for looking, and have a great day! :-)

10 comments:

  1. I love to matte glitter! I matted flakies the other day on my blog and was obsessed! however I find that matted glitters are IMPOSSIBLE to get off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look so pretty. I think I actually like this one without matte top coat better personally. I prefer the matte over darker colors with glitter. That's just me though. Both ways look pretty though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matte glitters rock! I have to try this! It's been weeks since I wanna try mattifying glitters!
    I love how it look here on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Always love glitters with matte topcoats

    ReplyDelete
  5. that DP glitter is so pretty!
    it looks good with pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mani is so beautiful even mattified :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like candy with the matte top coat...i would eat my nails

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Glitter in the air! I am kicking myself for missing out on it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacquered Lover...So do I! It's funny, it took me a long time to really like matte, but now I seem to love it. Have you ever used a scrubby tub? That's what I use to get glitters off, and it takes 5 min. I don't know what I would do without it! ;-)

    StardustStephanie...Thank you! :-) I think this is the first time I've done matte over a lighter glitter. I like it, but think I like matte over darker colors too.

    Nailderella...Thanks so much! :-) You should def. try it.

    nicnacksnails....Thanks....me too! :-)

    BeautyBehaved...Thanks! I think I like it best over pink too. :-)

    Elsa P...Thank you! :-)

    Lindsay...Ha, Ha! I think it looks like candy too! Or cake!

    tasha....It's a great color....you know, you can still get it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete