Sunday, October 30, 2011

Flakie Halloween/Fall Mani. (For real this time!)

UGH! I've been in the middle of typing this up three times now, and all of the sudden, it just posts. So annoying! Anyway, here we go again. LOL!


Good morning! How has your weekend been so far? Mine's been good. :-) Yesterday, we had family pics. taken with aunts,uncles,cousins,parents and my grandma. It was fun to get together for it. I took some yummy Halloween cupcakes and Apple Cider. The weather was nice, so we were able to have the pics. taken outside by the trees that have changed to the fall colors. I think they will turn out well. :-)

I have a fall/Halloween mani. to show you today. I started out with a black creme polish by Blue Cross. It was one of the cute little pumpkin polishes, which I will show you more of tomorrow. ;-) I then added a Colorama flakie by Maybelline, named Shimmer Girl. Now, I know there are several flakie polishes out there, and I have a few of them. However, I think that Shimmer Girl beats all of them. If only they still made it! It has the same orange/green/golden yellow flakes that the others have, but there is just something about this one that makes it better. In my opinion anyway. ;-) I just love it, and I so want to get my hands on another bottle or two.....or five. LOL! I was really lucky to find this one. I was in a dollar store, in an outlet mall and spotted this lone polish for only $1! I grabbed it up as fast as I could. ;-)

I also added pumpkin stickers by Joby to my ring fingers. Then, I decided to see what it looked like matte. I usually love matte flakies and glitter, but for this mani. I like it better shinny. I ended up putting topcoat over the matte, to make it shinny again.



Close Up.



Matted.



Close Up.



Pics. before I added the sticker.....these are my favs. ;-)









Close Up.



Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! :-)

10 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous fall mani! I have a flakie Colorama called Sonic Sunset, it's definitely not as awesome as yours though, it doesn't seem to want to flash green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I like it better shiny as well. Flakies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg this manicure is so pretty!!! The flakies are too gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really looks awesome. I love those falkes in combination with the pumpkin-sticker. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flakies are awesome! And this looks great, especially in matte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Esra...Thank you! :-)

    Angie...Thank you! :-) I LOVE the Colorama's! I want them all! So far, I only have the one. I REALLY want the one called Ruby Rays (or something like that)but can't find it. I never had any luck with Big Lots or the Dollar Tree. So many people were lucky and found lots of the Coloramas there.

    ABOP....Thank you so much! :-) I def. like this one shiny the best too.

    imfeelingnail-venturous...Thank you! :-)

    Peach,Love& Polish....Thank you so much! :-)

    Kirshten...Thank you! :-)

    Elena...Thank you! :-)

    mrsrexy...Thanks! I do love it matte as well as not this time. :-)

    Nail Fanatic....Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete