Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finger Paints Flakie Collection! Swatches and Review.

Good morning! Back to the normal work week today. I have to admit, I have been ready for things to get back to normal for awhile now. I'm not sure why. I had lots of fun, and this is one of my fav. times of the year. However, I was just so busy this time around. Even though most of it was enjoyable, when you have too much it just starts to wear on you. Anyway, I'm glad to be back to normal. ;-) I know I've slacked greatly in blogging for the past month or so. Now that it's not so crazy busy around here, I plan to be back on a more normal basis. Yay! ;-)

Finger Paints has an awesome new flakie collection, sold at Sally's Beauty. They are around $4.49 each or $3.49 with a Sally's beauty card. There are five polishes in the collection. They were supposed to be put out on shelves on Jan. 1 but a lot of stores put them out early. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. They are a limited collection, and are selling fast, so grab them while you can. ;-)

This is a pic. heavy post....I hope you don't mind. ;-)

I used one coat of Finger Paints Black Expressionism as a base coat for the flakies. BE is my absolute holy grail black creme. Seriously. Everything about it is awesome. One coater,doesn't chip,application is wonderful and it's pretty much perfect. ;-) I'll post a pic. of it at the end. Anyway, since there are five polishes, I swatched them at the same time.

L-R Flashy,Flecked,Twised and Motley



My thumb has Asylum on it.




Now I'm going to show you close up's of each one. First up is my fav. of the collection, Twisted. It has blue,purple,orange,green and yellow. It might be my fav. flakie polish ever. I really hope I can find more of it. I NEED back ups! :-)



Second is, Flashy. It's your typical orange/yellow/green flakie. It's the most dupeable of the bunch. It's similar to Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure and Essie Shine of the Times.



Third is, Flecked. It had green and blue flakes, with green being the most dominant color.



Fourth is, Motley. It has blue and purple flakies, with blue being the dominant color.



Last but def. not least, is Asylum. This is my second fav. of the bunch. It has Orange,blue and purple flakies, and in the right light it flashes green and yellow.



Here is another pic. of them all together. L-R Flashy,Flecked,Twised and Motley



I decided to layer all five flakies on each nail, and got a rainbow of flakies! I love it! This pic. doesn't do it justice.



Then I decided to see what they would look like matted, and used a coat of Essie Matte About You.



While I really did like the matte version okay, I decided I didn't like it quite enough to leave it. I ended up adding a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast, to make it shinny again. I think these flakies were meant to shine. ;-)

Here is a pic. of Finger Paints Black Expressionism that I talked about above.



What do you think of the Finger Paints Flakies? Do you plan to pick any of them up? Or have you already? I'm really loving them, and hope to find more, so I can get a couple of back ups for Twisted for sure.

Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you all have a wonderful day! :-)

19 comments:

  1. I want Twisted.I'm probably heading out to Sally's today to see if they have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thalie....I LOVE Twisted! Good Luck! I hope you find it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooo gorgeous!! Motley is hands down my favorite!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I want them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexis...Thanks! Motley is super pretty! Do you have it yet?

    Biba...I LOVE them! ;-) I hope you find them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all over these...esp at the price point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want them all!!!
    I think you did the best swatches of these! wow amazing pictures thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to get them all.But I really like Asylum

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous!! Flecked and Motley are definitely my faves. They look so cool matte! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. beachgal...I know! Isn't it great to see flakies for a good price?! They are usually so expensive.

    PtiteMeve....Aw, well thank you so much! That is very sweet of you to say. :-)

    Pinkbeauty_love...I hope you find them. Love Asylum too! ;-)

    Ashesela...Thanks! Do you like them matte better? I really like how the pic. of them matte turned out, but IRL it didn't seem to look as good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The layering of all of them was a great idea. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen them all layered before and it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! These flakies are so beautiful!!! I can't believe how wonderful they are, I am TOTALLY blown away! :D Thank you for sharing, your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. H....Thank you so much! :-)

    Peace,Love and Polish....Thanks! I saw it on a blog too, though I can't remember who's. I had to try it out! :-)

    Kimberly....Thank you so much! :-)

    Jennifer....Aw, well thank you! These flakies are really great! I wish they would make them permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went and picked these up yesterday. I didn't pick up Flashy, as I have 2 bottle of Essie's Shine of the Times (wish I had known that FP was coming out with this, especially at this price!). But I wasn't able to find Motley....so I still need to find that one. I do like the formula on these better than the Essie too, it's not thick and chunky like the Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with twisted, went back to Sally's to get a back up of it!! I'm rocking it on my nails this week! So now im gonna go back and get the black polish that comes with this collection, lol... Wasn't planning on it but you got me sold!! Hope to find flecked... Only one I'm missing! Flashy I can do without since I have nubar 2010 and the Essie one already!

    Love your blog!!

    -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Angie....I almost didn't pick Flashy up either, but at the last min. grabbed it. LOL. I couldn't seem to help myself. ;-) I do have Shine of the Times as well, and I actually like Flashy better. I agree, the price is great! :-) Wish all flakies were so inexpensive!

    MizzKarlata...I LOVE Twisted too! It's my fav. Your lucky you found a back up. I'm hoping to find one too. The black polish isn't actually a part of the flakie collection. It's just in with the regular Finger Paints polishes. I do suggest you get it though. It's honestly the best black creme I've ever used. I have not one bad thing to say about it. Seriously. :-) Thank you so much for your kind comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finally got 4 of them...can you guess which one I couldn't find? Yep....the one and only Twisted lol. These can't be found in the stores any longer. I got mine on Ebay. I got a decent price considering what they are selling for now. The seller threw in Black Expressionism as well. Gotta love Ebay lol.

    ReplyDelete